After a brilliant first seminar in March, the National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) held the second seminar in its PhD Seminar Series on 9th June. This time it was my turn, along with two of my fellow PhD students, to explain my project, share ideas and build my network of contacts. As we are all still working from home, the seminar was held via MS Teams and…
Have you ever heard of Rosewood?
Rosewood refers to some of the most valuable timber species on Earth, most species belonging to the genus Dalbergia which is in the bean family (Fabaceae). The high value of the beautiful brown and reddish veneer of the timber (used for luxury wood…
Wow, well the first few months were crazy full, in fact the process of writing this has made me realise just how much I’ve done. It’s been quite cathartic!
Anyway, so my name is Amy and my EASTBIO funded PhD centres around honey bee health.
EASTBIO has an interesting and…
The 22nd of May is the International Day for Biological Diversity, a day to increase our understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues around the world, with this year’s theme being ‘Our solutions are in nature’. Here at the School of Biological Sciences we aim to teach students about the impacts…
I have just returned from a three month Industrial Placement with Myanmar Ocean Project, an NGO focused on addressing the pervasive issue of discarded fishing gear or ‘ghost gear’ across Myanmar. This was part of an industrial fellowship scheme aimed at involving postgraduate researchers…
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2020
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020