Governments urged to set deadlines for cutting livestock production
A group of scientists, including Professor Pete Smith, have written to the journal Lancet Planetary Health to urge governments to declare a time-frame for decreasing the amount of livestock on the planet in a bid to tackle climate change, the Guardian reports.
Prestigious honour for Aberdeen academic
A University of Aberdeen academic has received the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a scientist by China. Professor John Speakman has been elected a foreign Academician in the Chinese National Academy of Sciences – the first ever from a Scottish University to be elected. Election to the Chinese Academy of...
Aberdeen student sets sights on polar expedition
Biology student, Maria Huntlaar is appealing to the north-east public to help her land a place on a polar dog-sledging expedition.
University celebrates Highly Cited Researchers
The Web of Science has released its annual list of Highly Cited Researchers. Researchers from The Health Services Research Unit, Institute of Medical Sciences, Rowett Institute, and School of Biological Sciences have been recognised in the 2019 list for their contribution to Cross-field research and to the field of Environment...
History of beauty spot told in story of slopes
Benachie and the Garioch: Society and Ecology in the North East of Scotland is the fourth published volume from the Bennachie Landscapes Group, a joint project between the University and conservation group Bailies of Bennachie.
The future of Scottish Fisheries in a Changing World
Fishing News UK features an article following the annual meeting of the Marine Alliance for Science and Technology.
Applications Now Open for EastBio Doctoral Training Partnership
EastBio is the East of Scotland BioScience Doctoral Training Partnership of which the University of Aberdeen is a partner. Funded by the BBSRC and supported by the Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance, EastBio tackles major problems facing our planet with world class research.
SBS Research Seminar Series 2019
Researcher for Laboratory of Biometry and Evolutionary BiologyDispersal: determinism, mechanisms, consequences - the collared flycatcher as a case study.
QUADRAT-DTP NERC Funded PhD Studentships in Biological Sciences for October 2019 entry
Queen's University Belfast and Aberdeen Doctoral Research and Training Partnership (QUADRAT) brings together research and teaching centres of excellence in biological sciences and geosciences from the University of Aberdeen and Queen's University Belfast to provide unique PhD opportunities.
Professor John Speakman becomes Fellow of the Royal Society
A University of Aberdeen professor who is the world's leading expert in animal energy expenditure has been elected to The Royal Society - one of the 50 most eminent scientists from across the UK and Commonwealth recognised with the honour in 2018.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2019
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2019
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2019
- May There are no items to show for May 2019
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2019
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2019
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2019
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2019
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2019
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013