For the past two months, I have been working as an intern alongside Professor Amy Irwin and PhD student Oliver Hamlet as part of the Applied Psychology & Human Factors Psychology Group at the University of Aberdeen. My role has been primarily focused on the helicopter industry with a majority…
Page 1 of 2Posts 1 to 5 of 7
My name is Lea Teffner, I am 18 years old and in September of 2019 I moved from Germany to Aberdeen in order to commence my studies for a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
These past few crazy months included acquiring tons of new knowledge, getting to know loads of…
Studying Psychology at Aberdeen Uni has been rewarding. Economics is my main focus, but after taking a Psychology course on the side, I switched to a joint degree in order to take the Psychology methods courses as well.
The knowledge I've gained from psychology theory is fascininating and applicable, for…
The final post from me is about the Research Project.
Now that I have written my thesis, I can confidently say that this was the most rewarding part of the entire degree. It gave me the opportunity to gain in depth knowledge of one topic. My thesis was on colour perception and…
My project aimed to extend the existing literature on stress-induced eating by investigating whether positive stress appraisal (SA) (i.e. generating a stress-is-enhancing mindset) compared to negative SA (generating a stress-is-debilitating mindset) could reduce the consumption of palatable high-sugar, high-fat food in response to acute stress. It was predicted that participants encouraged…
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2023
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2023
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2022
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2022
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2022
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2022
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2022
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2022
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2022