Rooms and Spaces
All library sites have Project or Group Study Rooms and spaces for quiet and silent study. More information on facilities in Taylor Library is available here.
Wireless internet access is available in the Taylor Library and most University academic, administrative and residential buildings on the Foresterhill campus.
Eduroam provides staff and students with authenticated access to Aberdeen’s network. Visitors from other participating institutions can also connect to the Eduroam network when visiting Aberdeen by using credentials provided by their home institution. See the IT Wireless Networks page for information about how to connect to the wireless network.
PC Classroom and Clusters
Information about computer and other IT facilities in Taylor Library and our other libraries is available here.
See Library Guide QG LAW001: Welcome to the Taylor Library & European Documentation Centre for information about our facilities and services.
The Issue Desk provides the full range of standard library services. These include loans, heavy demand issues, returns, recalls, reservations and inter-library loans. Heavy Demand Reference materials are held behind the Issue Desk.
There is a self-issue machine in the Heavy Demand area. This is for issues only. All books must be returned to the Issue Desk.
A box is placed outside the Library on weekdays (i.e. Monday to Friday) for return of Heavy Demand books before the Library opens.
There are two Help Desks for subject enquiries and general enquiries about library facilities and services. They are located on:
- Level 1, Block C near the spiral staircase - open Monday-Friday from 09.00-16.30 hrs
- Level 2, Block D in the European Documentation Centre Office - open 09.00 -12.00hrs and 14.00-16.30hrs
- Information for Disabled Users
Information for Disabled Users
- Ramp access to entrance on east side of Taylor Building Block C (opposite the car park), then automatic double doors close together.
- Lift to all floors in the building (the entrance to the library is on the 1st floor of Block C).
- Automatic-opening door to the library.
- Access-control gates inside the entrance to the library with specific arrangements for disabled users.
- Two floors, with lift access to upper level Block C.
- Internal ramp from Level 2, Block C to Level 2, Block D.
- Toilet for disabled on the 1st floor outside the entrance doors to the library.
- PCs with text-enhancement software and text-reading software, 1 height-adjustable table with priority access.
- Library Catalogue (OPAC) available on dedicated PCs located on both levels.
- Accessible MFD (multi-function device) for photocopying, printing and scanning located opposite the Issue Desk.
- Induction Loop for hearing-impaired at the Issue Desk.
- Open Book scanner for viewing and listening.
- Evacuation chair for emergency evacuation sited in the stairwell outside the entrance to the Library.
See also Library Guide: QG GEN002 Accessible library facilities and services