- The Sir Duncan Rice Library
In The Sir Duncan Rice Library there are two types of bookable spaces for students which can be used for group work: Group Study Rooms and Group Study Pods. Please see below for full details of these different spaces and how to book them.
Group Study Rooms
There are two bookable Group Study Rooms on Floor 7 of the Sir Duncan Rice Library. These rooms:
- Have tables and chairs which comfortably accommodate up to 8 people
- Are equipped with a PC and plasma screen
- The rooms are not available for individual study
- The rooms are for use by University of Aberdeen students
Bookings can be made for periods during normal library opening hours
A group should consist of at least 4 people
Booking slots consist of 60 minute periods and you can make up to one booking of up to 2 hours per day
If the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the start of the booking, it may be released to another group
The person booking the room is responsible for the room during the booking period
Please do not move furniture into or out of a room
You should save any work that you may have been doing on the PC to a memory stick and vacate the room 5 minutes before the end of your booking period
How to Book a Group Study Room
The rooms can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Information Centre on Floor 1. The keys for the rooms are available for collection from the Information Centre.
Group Study Pods
There are six Group Study Pods and Desks available on Floor 1 of The Sir Duncan Rice Library.
- The pods and desks are different sizes and can seat between 4 and 8 people.
- The pods and desks have built in plasma screens, with power sockets and USB charging. To use the plasma screen you will need to connect it to your own device with the cable provided.
- They can be booked online for up to two hours.
How to Book a Group Study Pod
These Group Study Pods and Desks can be booked online at the following webpage: www.abdn.ac.uk/studenthub/login
- Medical Library
There is one bookable Project Room in the Medical Library on the Foresterhill campus. Please see below for details of the room and how to book it.
Project Room (Floor 1)
- 2 tables to accomodate up to 8 people
- Further soft seating around the perimeter of the room to accomodate 11 people
- Networked pc, data projector and plasma screen
- White board
- The room is not bookable for individual study, but may be used by individuals if not booked
- The room is for use by University of Aberdeen staff and students
- Bookings can be made for periods during normal library opening hours
- A group should consist of at least 2 people
- Booking slots consist of a maximum of 2 hours and may not be booked for consecutive periods
- If the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the start of booking, it may be released to another group.
- The room should be vacated 5 minutes before the end of your booking period
How to book a Project Room
- Taylor Library
There are two Project Rooms in Taylor Library C Block, one on the lower floor and one on the upper floor. Each room may be booked for up to one hour per day for discussion groups, rehearsing presentations, and course work. Bookings can be made:
- In person at the Taylor Issue Desk
- By phone on 01224 272601
- By email to email@example.com