- Two purpose built video booths are available for booking through Outlook.
- Each booth is equipped with a high-definition webcam and a professional microphone to record high-quality audio, a visualiser and a PC with dual displays.
- These facilities allow you to quickly and easily record presentations using the University's digital capture software (Panopto), which can then be shared with students through MyAberdeen.
Digital Capture - Panopto
- Record everything on your computer screen, along with your voice, from any Panopto enabled classroom or PC.
- The resulting video files are published to Panopto.
- You will receive email confirmation containing a hyperlink. Use this to link to the video file from any webpage or the MyAberdeen VLE. The recording can be streamed, or downloaded as an MPEG4 video file.
Video Streaming – Kaltura
- Video can be viewed on websites via a streaming server. The main benefits of this service are that the complete media file does not need to be downloaded by the client before viewing, and that an element of content protection is given through the file not being stored in its entirety on the client’s computer.
- Users can upload any video and the software will provide an optimal playback experience with automatic device detection including iPhones, iPads, Android and BlackBerry devices.
- Embed video directly within MyAberdeen.
A user guide with instruction on how to add video can be found on the MyAberdeen website.
- Developing a brief from conception, we manage the video production project from start to finish.
- Our team oversee the creative process, pre-production, shooting, and post production and deliver a fully edited programme for distribution.
- Working closely with the client, guiding them through every stage in order to help them make decisions about the content.
- We can then enhance the production value by adding in music, voice overs or in-house graphics.
Contact us to find out how we can help
- Video conferencing – a mixture of telephone, television and computer technology – has a number of potential uses including within the university environment:
- Collaborative working
- Medical demonstrations
- Remote assessment: eg thesis presentation, PhD vivas
- Teaching and learning: eg lectures, tutorials, role-play, debates
- Small group seminars where an expert speaker is at another site
Contact Media Services to arrange a VC booking