The University of Aberdeen provides Panopto digital capture software which can be used to record lectures in a Panopto enabled lecture theatre or classroom, or to record digital content and presentations at your desk.
The Panopto software captures the computer screen along with audio (e.g. your voice) and video.
How does Panopto work?
- Panopto can record everything on your computer screen, along with your voice, on any Panopto enabled PC.
- It can record video if there is a camera attached to the set up.
- The resulting recordings are published to your personal folder on the Panopto server.
- You will receive an email confirmation containing hyperlinks.
Use these links to view, edit or share the video file on any web page or in the MyAberdeen VLE.
How do I get started?
To help you get started:
- see our Panopto quick start guide
- see our list of Panopto enabled classrooms
- see our Learners’ Toolkit guide
- see our how to add Panopto recordings to MyAberdeen
Lecture capture stats for academic year 2016-17
|School of Biological Sciences||840||365||44%||12,701|
|School of Div, Hist & Phil||953||697||73.10%||26,899|
|School of Education||278||250||90%||12,485|
|School of Engineering||2727||601||22%||22,689|
|School of Geosciences||1005||578||58%||7,524|
|School of Lang & Lit, Music & Vis Culture||1144||462||40.40%||16,791|
|School of Law||982||810||83%||30,997|
|School of Medicine Med Sci & Nutrition Grad School Life Sci & Med||2810||993||35.30%||17,771|
|School of Nat & Comp Sci||2939||727||25%||19,024|
|School of Psychology||380||338||89%||43,862|
|School of Social Science||930||275||30%||12,093|