Record a lecture for your students, using Panopto
The University provides Panopto video platform and digital capture software which can be used to record and manage videos as well as host media created using other tools.
Download to University computers (from Software Centre) and personal computers (from the Panopto server). There are also Panopto enabled teaching spaces for lecture capture and purpose built Video Booths available on campus.
How does Panopto work?
- Panopto can capture your computer screen and/or PowerPoint slides, along with audio and video.
- Recordings are published to your personal “My Folder” or a Course Folder on the Panopto server.
- If you have recorded a video using other tools, you can upload it directly to Panopto.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your video has completed uploading/processing.
- The video can be shared using a web link or the integration with MyAberdeen.
Where can I go for help?
- Guidance and support using Panopto or Video Booths - contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical assistance using the Video Booths - contact email@example.com
- Guidance on creating captions for videos - use the Guides and Links sections below for advice related to Panopto, or see our general Accessibility resource.
Last updated on 20 April 2021
Recording with Panopto
- Panopto Quickstart Guide
- Recording digital content using Panopto
- Panopto for Mac OS
- Record directly via the web browser
MyAberdeen Quick Guides
Panopto Guides for Students
Video accessibility & captioning
This resource was provided by eLearning Team and Media Services.
The Centre for Academic Development provides a range of eLearning services, actively supporting members of staff with course delivery and learning activities.
Media Services are the central media and audio-visual technology support service to the university. Our facilities and services are provided to directly support both students and staff in a wide range of aspects and activities.