Provision of a personal username and password that you will use to login to University of Aberdeen IT systems including networked departmental PCs, classroom PCs, University email, some local web services, central UNIX systems, MyAberdeen (VLE), Remote Access (e.g. VDI), and the University’s wireless service. This is a self-service function of the University’s student Online Registration process.
- The allocation of a unique username, a personalised email address and your own choice of password.
- A default allocation (4 Gbytes) of personal filespace on the University network – appears as the H:\ drive on any networked computer you log onto on campus and is accessible via Computer or Windows Explorer.
All students in the University.
The registration process to obtain a Student IT account is self-service – it is available at any time apart from periods of scheduled maintenance that will be advertised in advance.
Level of Service
- A student IT account should be available to use within 30 minutes of self-service registration occurring. The associated email address should be available to use within 2 hours of self-service registration.
- Availability – see Service Hours section above.
Support and Documentation
Refer to the Support and Documentation section above for the relevant links to the self-service Online Registration process.
- Users are expected to comply with the University’s Conditions for using IT Facilities.
- Users are expected to comply with Use of Computing Facilities at the University of Aberdeen.
- Users are expected to comply with all other current policies governing the use of IT facilities.