The diversity of subjects and flexibility of our programmes allows students to explore different subject areas before specialising in their chosen discipline.
Explore our prospectus pages to find the right degree for you.
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (Anatomy)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (Developmental Biology)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (Molecular Biology)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (Pharmacology)
- BSc Biomedical Sciences (Physiology)
- BSc Biotechnology (Applied Molecular Biology)
- MSci Biomedical Sciences (Anatomy) with Industrial Placement
- MSci Biomedical Sciences (Development Biology) with Industrial Placement
- MSci Biomedical Sciences (Molecular Biology) with Industrial Placement
- MSci Biomedical Sciences (Pharmacology) with Industrial Placement
- MSci Biomedical Sciences (Physiology) with Industrial Placement
- MSci Biotechnology (Applied Molecular Biology) with Industrial Placement
You will graduate with a solid background of discipline-specific knowledge as well as generic/life skills that will enable you to pursue a variety of careers, both within and beyond the medical sciences. We are exploring innovative ways of delivering our teaching to increase student choice and widen access to our courses. Particular areas that are being vigorously pursued are increasing the flexibility of the courses you can choose to study and ensuring that you will receive high-quality, useful and timely feedback.
To increase the employment opportunities of our students, we have introduced wider access to industrial placements and created new courses to train students in business and marketing to help graduates understand how scientific discoveries can be commercialised. We think that you will find our courses exciting, stimulating, challenging and flexible.
The high quality of our academic programmes, the student experience and our staff have been recognised by several internal and external awards. Highlights include:
- The first ever Otto Hutter Teaching Award by the Physiological Society of Great Britain.
- School staff have won or been nominated for the College of Life Science & Medicine Award for Excellence in Teaching many times.
- Multiple staff have been recipients/nominees for the Student-Led Teaching Awards, which are voted for by the student body.
- An increasing number of our staff are now Fellows of the Higher Education Academy and other learned societies in recognition of continuing excellence in their field.