PhD studentship available on rodent management in Madasgar
An exciting fully-funded interdisciplinary PhD opportunity across economics and ecology is available from the QUADRAT Doctoral Training Partnership. The project will examine 'The health and well-being effects of pest rodent management strategies in rural Madagascar'. Rodent pests contribute significantly to income and food insecurity and are reservoirs of infection and disease. The aim...
HERU newsletter - April 2023
The April issue of the HERU newsletter is available. In the newsletter we highlight our involvement in a group funded by the Health Foundation to establish a REAL Research Unit on the ‘supply’ side of healthcare, and in a new Aberdeen Belfast Evidence Collaboration to form an NIHR-funded Evidence Synthesis Group....
Recent HERU promotions!
Many congratulations to HERU's Graham Scotland, Patrícia Norwood and Michael Abbott, who have all recently achieved promotion.
HERU are partners in new Health Foundation REAL Research Unit
HERU's Dr Diane Skåtun is part of a team funded by the Health Foundation to form a new 'REAL Research Unit'. The new Unit is one of two funded by the Health Foundation and will receive up to £3.725m of funding over seven years. The team is led by the...
Online short course in health economics
Our 'Online short course in health economics' starts on 23rd January 2023. This 14 week, online short course is for health professionals and other interested students who would like an introduction to the core concepts in health economics. No prior knowledge of economics is required. There are more details of the course...
HERU Newsletter - December 2022
The December 2022 HERU newsletter has been issued. In the newsletter, we highlight our involvement in some exciting new research projects: A major new project, led by Aberdeen City Council and funded by NIHR, to understand and address health inequalities in the city of Aberdeen. The PATHWAY study looking at factors that...
New Aberdeen Health Determinants Research Collaboration announcement
Researchers from HERU will be part of an exciting new Health Determinants Research Collaboration. Aberdeen City Council has been awarded funding of over £5 million by the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) to establish the Collaboration in partnership with NHS Grampian, the University of Aberdeen and Robert...
We welcome Helena, Yitna and Panos to visit HERU
Following another successful 'Using Discrete Choice Experiments in Health Economics Course' in Aberdeen from 19-21 September, we were delighted that three of the participants stayed on in Aberdeen to spend time in HERU. Helena Moreira is visiting for three months between September and December. Helena is a pharmacist by training, studying...
Inquiries welcome for external speakers on Stated Preference research
The HERU Stated Preference Group are re-establishing the Stated Preference Seminar Series. The monthly seminars will be open to anyone interested in stated preference methods and will be available to attend in-person or online. HERU staff and PhD students will be involved in presenting the seminars and we also hope to...
August 2022 HERU Newsletter
The August 2022 HERU newsletter has been published. We highlight the results of the REF2021 research assessment exercise, where our research impact and publication outputs were deemed 'world leading'. We also feature some new projects including: Two projects on diet choices in Scotland, funded by the Scottish Government RESAS programme. Research into...
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2023
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2023
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2023
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2023
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2023
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2023
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2023
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2023
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2018
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018