Innovative research will support the expansion of forests and woodlands in the UK
A study led by the University of Aberdeen is one of six major research projects to benefit from a £3 million funding pot to explore the most effective ways to expand the UK's trees, hedgerows, woodlands and forests in rural and urban settings.
£4m investment in 20 new research posts to solve major global challenges
The University of Aberdeen is set to invest nearly £4m to recruit 20 experts to address the key global challenges facing society.
Energy transition key focus of new international university alliance
The University of Aberdeen has joined forces with two other world-leading universities to develop innovative solutions to tackle key global issues, including the need to ensure a just energy transition while tackling climate change and securing a sustainable future.
Latest rankings place University of Aberdeen at 20-year high
The University has retained its ranking in the top 20 in the UK in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023, published today, moving up one place to 19th in the UK. This is the first time that the University has been ranked this highly for more than...
Scientists shine light on 66 million-year-old meteorite wildfire mystery
The meteorite that wiped out Earth's dinosaurs instantly ignited forest wildfires up to thousands of kilometres from its impact zone, scientists have discovered.
Into the light - new Leverhulme-funded research project explores Dark Ages in Northern Britain
The early Medieval period has often been referred to as the 'Dark Ages', associated with economic and cultural decline after the fall of the Roman Empire between the 5th and 11th centuries AD. This is not true - An exciting new 5-year Leverhulme funded project led by Dr Samantha Jones...
Masters students celebrate at School prize-giving event
Students studying the Integrated Petroleum Geosciences MSc put their knowledge to the test in a recent event held at the School of Geosciences.
Dr Alex Brasier awarded Sun Shu International Prize medal
Dr Alex Brasier has formally received his Sun Shu International Prize medal from the International Association of Sedimentologists during the (virtual) International Sedimentological Congress in Beijing. Dr Brasier's research encompasses a startlingly broad spectrum of topics, employing a gamut of analytical and experimental methodologies to answer fundamental questions, including developing “the...
Join us at the Research Facilities Showcase - Wed 14th Sept 2022
Come along to this free event on Wed 14th Sept and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and explore the vast array of research facilities the University of Aberdeen has to offer, as well as a chance to network with colleagues across the University.
Professor John Underhill welcomes Equinor's Rosebank announcement
Professor John Underhill, Interdisciplinary Director of Energy Transition at the University of Aberdeen, has welcomed Equinor and its partners intention to invest in the Rosebank oil and gas field, located west of Shetland.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2010
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2010
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2010
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2010
- May There are no items to show for May 2010
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2010
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2010
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2010
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2010
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2009
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2009
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2009
- May There are no items to show for May 2009
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2009
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2009
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2009
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2009
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2009
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2009
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2009