New volume with contribution from Dr Lorna Philip launched at the 21st Wigtown Book Festival
Dumfries and Galloway People and Place c1700 – 1914, published by Birlinn, was launched at the Wigtown Book Festival – firmly established as one of the UKs premier literary events. Dr Lorna Philip, who contributed a substantive chapter to this volume, attended the sell-out event in the Wigtown County Buildings...
Senior academic appears on popular Canadian science and technology TV series
A senior academic from the School of Geosciences has appeared in a TV programme exploring water resource issues in the islands of Eastern Canada.
SAGES'19 Symposium: Global Climate Challenges for a Blue Green Economy
Coastal Mapping, Monitoring and Modelling with UAVs
Researchers from the University of Aberdeen are using Unmanned Airborne Vehicle (UAV) based sensors to monitor, map and model coastal change around the Scottish coastline. The work is supported by two Scottish Natural Heritage-funded projects, including the PhD research of Geography student Andrew Smith, and a UCEMM/AICSM project led by...
June 2019 PhD Newsletter now available
Issue 3 of the School of Geosciences' PhD newsletter is now available. Showcasing the many activities and achievements of our postgraduate students, the newsletter is a great representation of our active and thriving PhD programme. The newsletter is available here.
Summer 2019 Geosciences Graduation
Summer 2019 graduation ceremonies for the School of Geosciences took place on 17 June, followed by a reception and prize-giving ceremony. The School offers warm congraulations to all of our graduates! School of Geosciences Prizes, 2018-2019: Archaeology: Best Archaeology Dissertation: Veronica Lee Best Fourth Year Archaeology Student: Sesilia Niehaus Distinguished Achievement at Level 4 Archaeology:...
Workshop hosted on "The Politics and Pitfalls of Maritime Governance"
Professor David Anderson from the School of Social Sciences and Dr Tavis Potts from the School of Geosciences hosted a workshop from the 17-19th June titled “The Politics and Pitfalls of Maritime Governance”, a part of the ESRC-funded network The Political Ecology of Coastal Societies. The recently funded network links UK and...
BP to offer scholarships for two geology postgraduate programmes
BP is offering two scholarships worth £14,500 each for Home/UK/EU students commencing the MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience and MSc Petroleum Data Management in September 2019. The scholarships, (one per programme), cover programme tuition fees as well as some funds towards maintenance costs.
New book published on the post-Roman societies of Northern Scotland
The Picts of northern Scotland were a powerful political and cultural force in first millennium AD Britain. From early references in late Roman sources to the Picts attacking the Empire to their disappearance from records in the tenth century, they helped shape the history of early Britain. In spite of...
Student scoops award at Europe's biggest geosciences conference
A Geosciences PhD student has won a top award at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly, held in Vienna last month.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2010
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2010
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2010
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2010
- May There are no items to show for May 2010
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2010
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2010
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2010
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2010
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2009
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2009
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2009
- May There are no items to show for May 2009
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2009
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2009
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2009
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2009
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2009
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2009
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2009