- Lecturer, University of Aberdeen, UK (as of October, 2011)
- Teaching Fellow, University of Aberdeen, UK (2005 - 2011)
- Independent Consultant, Carbonates (1993-2013)
- BP Research, UK (1987-1993)
- Ph.D. student (NERC funded) - An experimental investigation of the controls on carbonate diagenetic textures and mineralogies. Imperial College, UK (1984-1987)
- Effect of petroleum filling and fault controlled fluids on burial diagenesis in carbonates.
- Reservoir quality of Middle Eastern reservoirs (particularly Abu Dhabi)
- Effect of rock texture (facies and diagenetic alteration) on fracture patterns in carbonates. (Completed Ph.D. student Tom Haines The Influence of Carbonate Depositional and Diagenetic Textures on Faulting in Carbonates. Funded by: UoA COPS Studentship, Total and BG)
- Late Cambrian oceanic chemistry and climate (Oman and Newfoundland).
Ph.D. student Ebrahim Heydari. Residual oil below the OWC in the Mishrif, Persian Gulf - an intergrated sedimentological and petrophysical study. Part funding from Talisman-Sinopec, Helix-RDS, AFES.
Ongoing collaboration with UFRGS, Brazil. Study of local versus global controls on mineralogy of oolitic carbonates – petrographic and geochemical studies. Funded by Shell Brazil.
- Petrophysics of Fractured Carbonates - Total E&P UK and BG International, brokered by ITF
- Microscope Equipment Grants (AFES)
- GL 2015 - Petrology and Mineralogy
- GL 3018 - Petroleum Geology
- GL 3521 - Sedimentology
- M.Sc. IPG - Carbonates
- Further Info
- Secretary, Petroleum Group, Geological Society of London (2013-15)
- Treasurer, Petroleum Group, Geological Society of London (2010-13)
- Associate Editor AAPGB (2010-present)