Thank you all for a very successful MIUA 2023!
The winner of the best paper award was featured on Computer Vision News.
Frontiers and Springer publications are currently underway and will be published shortly
We are delighted to be hosting the 27th UK Conference on Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA) on the 19 - 21st July 2023 at the Suttie Centre for Teaching and Learning in Healthcare, Aberdeen, Scotland.
MIUA 2023 is a UK-based international conference for the communication of image processing and analysis research and its application to medical imaging and biomedicine. This was a rapidly growing subject with ever increasing realworld applicability. MIUA 2023 will be organised by a broad team at the University of Aberdeen including representatives from Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre; Aberdeen Centre for Health Data Science and the School of Natural and Computing Science.
MIUA 2023 welcomes all researchers in medical imaging including mathematicians, computer scientists, bioinformaticians, clinicians, engineers and bioscientists. MIUA 2023 is the principal UK forum for communicating research progress within the community interested in image analysis applied to medicine and related biological science. The meeting was designed for the dissemination and discussion of research in medical image understanding and analysis, and aimed to encourage the growth and raise the profile of this multi-disciplinary field by bringing together the various communities.
- Prof Greg Slabaugh | Professor of Computer Vision and AI in the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London
- Prof Michael Kampffmeyer | Associate Professor and Head of the Machine Learning Group at UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Prof Tim Cootes | Professor of Computer Vision, University of Manchester
- Prof Lesley Anderson | Chair in Health Data Science, University of Aberdeen
Local Organising Committee:
- Dr Gordon Waiter, Director, Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre and Reader, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Tryphon Lambrou, Interim Vice-Dean for the Joint Institute of Data Sciences and Artificial Intelligence and Senior Lecturer, School of Natural and Computing Sciences, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Georgios Leontidis, Director of Interdisciplinary Centre for Data & Artificial Intelligence and Reader in Machine Learning, University of Aberdeen
- Prof Nir Oren, Director of Research and Personal Chair, School of Natural and Computing Sciences, University of Aberdeen
- Teresa Morris, Imaging Facilities Co-ordinator for Aberdeen Biomedical Imaging Centre, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Sharon Gordon, Aberdeen Centre for Health Data Science Programme Co-ordinator, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition, University of Aberdeen
- Jade McGowan, CPD Business Development Officer, University of Aberdeen
- Cara Nicolson, CPD Administrator, University of Aberdeen
Let's get social! Follow us on Twitter @miua2023 to get all the latest news and info! We'd love to hear from you, use the hashtag #miua2023