This is a past event
The Centre for Energy Transition, University of Aberdeen, in association with the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law is delighted to host this special online event to launch this important work on climate change legislation.
This ground-breaking book collects contributions from many of the world’s leading climate and energy law scholars and provides the first major study of national Climate Change Acts.
This cutting-edge type of legislation originated with the first Climate Change Act framework which was passed in the United Kingdom in 2008 and is intended to enable the law to grapple effectively with one of the great problems of our times – anthropogenic climate change.
Welcome Note – Lord Carnwath
Introduction to the book by Editor Dr Thomas L Muinzer, School of Law
Panel introduced by Chair – Dr Tavis Potts, Interim Director, Centre for Energy Transition
- The UK’s Climate Change Act – Prof Richard Macrory CBE
- Mexico’s Climate Change Act – Alina Averchenkova
- New Zealand’s Climate Change Act – Prue Taylor
- Ireland’s Climate Change Act – Andrew Jackson
- Sweden’s Climate Change Act – Åsa Romson
- The Netherlands’ Climate Act – Otto Spijkers
- Hosted by
- Centre for Energy Transition
All are welcome. Please book using the link below.