Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Scottish Funding Council - Global Challenges Research Fund, Co-Investigator, 2020.
Carnegie Trust, PhD Scholarship Co-Supervisor, 2019-2022;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, PhD Scholarship, Co-Supervisor, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials - Graduate Apprenticeships" (EG10G3);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
- External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
- Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
- Special Issue Guest Editor, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Member of the Editorial Board, PNRPU Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
- Member of the Editorial Board, Researches in Mathematics and Mechanics
- Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
- Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
- Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
- Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
- Engineering Continuous Professional Development Coordinator
- School Appeals Officer
- Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
- Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Past External Responsibilities
- Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (2014, Vol. 88)
- Chair of the Organising Committee, UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods - UKBIM9 (2013)
- Member of the Scientific Committee, UKBIM Conferences (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- Member of the Organising Committee, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Engineering Design Optimization (MEDO 2016)
- Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Past Admin Responsibilities
- Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
- Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
- Member of the Senate Transnational Education Working Group (2017-2018)
- Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
- Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
- Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
- Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Composite Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Page 6 of 12 Results 51 to 60 of 116
- Menshykova, MV, Guz, IA & Menshykov, OV 2009, 'A unified computational approach to instability of periodic laminated materials', Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 239–259. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3970/cmes.2009.051.239
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykova, M 2009, Boundary Integral Equations in Elastodynamics of Interface Cracks. in H Power, A La Rocca & SJ Baxter (eds), Proceedings of the 7th UK conference on Boundary Integral Methods. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK, pp. 29-35, Seventh UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 30/07/09.
- Menshykov, O & Menshykov, V 2009, Boundary integral equations in dynamic problems of fracture mechanics. in Transactions of XIV International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics». XIV International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Kherson, Ukraine, 8/06/09.
- Menshykov, OV, Menshykov, VA & Guz, IA 2009, 'Elastodynamics of a crack on the bimaterial interface', Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 294-301. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enganabound.2008.07.006
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykova, M 2009, 'Elastodynamics of interface cracks: the effect of cracks closure', British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2009 incorporating British Theoretical Mechanics Colloquium , Nottingham, United Kingdom, 7/04/09 - 9/04/09 pp. 65.
- Menshykova, MV, Menshykov, OA & Guz, IA 2009, 'Linear interface crack under plane shear wave', Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 107–120. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3970/cmes.2009.048.107
- Guz, AN, Guz, IA, Menshykov, AV & Menshikov, VA 2009, 'Penny-shaped crack at the interface between elastic half-spaces under the action of a shear wave', International Applied Mechanics, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 534-539. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-009-0206-7
- Guz, I, Menshykov, O & Kashtalyan, M 2008, '3D elastodynamics of an interface crack', XXII International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Adelaide, Australia, 24/08/08 - 29/08/08 pp. 273.
- Guz, I, Menshykov, O & Kashtalyan, M 2008, 3D elastodynamics of an interface crack. in Proceedings of XXII International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics: ICTAM 2008 CD-ROM Proceedings. XXII International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Adelaide, Australia, 24/08/08.
- Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2008, 3D problem for an interface crack under harmonic loading. in BA Schrefler & U Perego (eds), Extended Abstracts of WCCM8/ ECCOMAS 2008 . First edn, Joint 8th World Congress on Computational Mechanics and 5th European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Venice, Italy, 30/06/08.