Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Oil and Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Principal Investigator of UoA team, 2018–2019;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, Co-Investigator, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
Member of the Editorial Board of Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
Chair of the UKBIM9 Conference Organising Committee
Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Engineering CPD Coordinator
School Appeals Officer
Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
Member of the Senate TNE Working Group (2017-2018)
Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Page 5 of 12 Results 41 to 50 of 112
- Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2010, Contact Interaction of Interlaminar Crack Faces under Harmonic Loading. in 12th International Conference on Fracture 2009 (ICF-12) . vol. 3, Curran Associates, Inc., pp. 2253-2262, 12th International Conference on Fracture, Ottawa, Canada, 12/07/09.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Mikucka, V 2010, 'Contact problems for interface cracks under harmonic loading', Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (PAMM), vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 127-128. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pamm.201010056
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2010, 'Elastodynamic Contact Problems for Interface Cracks' IV European Conference on Computational Mechanics, Paris, France, 16/05/10 - 21/05/10, .
- Menshykova, M, Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2010, 'Interface cracks under harmonic loading: effect of crack faces contact interaction' Eleventh International Conference on Integral Methods in Science and Engineering, Brighton, United Kingdom, 12/07/10 - 14/07/10, pp. 45.
- Menshykova, MV, Menshykov, OV & Guz, IA 2010, 'Modelling crack closure for an interface crack under harmonic loading', International Journal of Fracture, vol. 165, no. 1, pp. 127-134. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10704-010-9492-7
- Mykhailova, I, Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2009, 2D Elastodynamics of an interface crack. in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM17). 17th Int. Conf. on Composite Materials (ICCM 17), Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 27/07/09.
- Menshykova, MV, Guz, IA & Menshykov, OV 2009, 'A unified computational approach to instability of periodic laminated materials', Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 239–259. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3970/cmes.2009.051.239
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykova, M 2009, Boundary Integral Equations in Elastodynamics of Interface Cracks. in H Power, A La Rocca & SJ Baxter (eds), Proceedings of the 7th UK conference on Boundary Integral Methods. Nottingham University Press, Nottingham, UK, pp. 29-35, Seventh UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 30/07/09.
- Menshykov, O & Menshykov, V 2009, Boundary integral equations in dynamic problems of fracture mechanics. in Transactions of XIV International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics». XIV International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Kherson, Ukraine, 8/06/09.
- Menshykov, OV, Menshykov, VA & Guz, IA 2009, 'Elastodynamics of a crack on the bimaterial interface', Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 294-301. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enganabound.2008.07.006