Dr Hossein Hamidi
- Programme Leader for BEng/MEng Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering Lab Coordinator
- Drilling Engineering design
- Drilling fluid design
- Drilling automation
- Formation damage
- Application of ultrasonic waves in IOR/EOR
- Pore scale investigation on oil mobilization in porous media
Funding and Grants
- "Artificial Intelligence Well Design", £157k, Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC), 2018-2019, (Co-PI).
- “Application of ultrasound radiation for prevention and removal of scale around the wellbore in oil and gas reservoirs” £49k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2018-2021, (PI).
- “Effect of high frequency waves on formation damage reduction” £69k, TETFund, 2018-2021 (PI).
- “A Development of environmentally friendly drilling fluids customized for Nigerian oil and gas fields” £49k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2018-2021, (PI).
- “A study of rock-fluid interaction processes in porous media causing formation damages” £67k Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2017-2020 (PI).
- SPE Faculty Enhancement Travel Grant-North Sea Region, $1,000, (2016).
- “Well control and drilling efficiency in unconventional layered reservoirs” £62k, Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2016-2019 (PI).
- “Well Design and Integrity in Unconventional Shale Formations” £15k. Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), 2016-2019 (Co-PI).
- EG50T6/EG551W: Well & Production Engineering (MSc)
- EG5562: Facilities Engineering (MSc)
- EG5072/EG501F: Offshore Oil and Gas Production Systems (MSc)
- EG551R: Field Development and Petroleum Economics (MSc)
- EP3597: Petroleum Engineering Design (BEng)
- EG5565: BEng & MEng Group Design
Page 1 of 5 Results 1 to 10 of 45
Effects of reservoir rock pore geometries and ultrasonic parameters on the removal of asphaltene deposition under ultrasonic wavesUltrasonics sonochemistry, vol. 83, 105949Contributions to Journals: Articles
Minimizing formation damage in drilling operations: A critical point for optimizing productivity in sandstone reservoirs intercalated with clayEnergies, vol. 15, no. 1, 162Contributions to Journals: Articles
Recent Applications of Ultrasonic Waves in Improved Oil Recovery: A Review of Techniques and ResultsUltrasonics, vol. 110, 106288Contributions to Journals: Articles
Mechanistic Investigation of LSW/Surfactant/Alkali Synergism for Enhanced Oil Recovery: Fluid-Fluid InteractionsACS Omega, vol. 5, no. 46, pp. 30059–30072Contributions to Journals: Articles
The effect of rock type on natural water flooding and residual oil saturation below free water level and oil water contact: A case study from the Middle EastJournal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 193, 107392Contributions to Journals: Articles
Probing Methane Foam Transport in Heterogeneous Porous Media: An Experimental and Numerical Case Study of Permeability-Dependent Rheology and Fluid Diversion at Field ScaleSPE Journal, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1697-1710Contributions to Journals: Articles
Tectonic controls on residual oil saturation below the present-day fluid contact level in reservoirs of the Persian GulfJournal of Asian Earth Sciences, vol. 190, 104133Contributions to Journals: Articles
CO2-EOR/Sequestration: Current Trends and Future HorizonsIntechOpenChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters (Peer-Reviewed)
Application of commercial zwitterionic surfactants and ionic liquids to reduce interfacial tension and alter wettability in a carbonate reservoirEnergy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental EffectsContributions to Journals: Articles
Impact of ZnO and CuO nanoparticles on the rheological and filtration properties of water-based drilling fluidColloids and Surfaces. A, Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, vol. 570, pp. 354-367Contributions to Journals: Articles