This is a past event
The annual Engineering Postgraduate Research Symposium presents a snapshot of the work of Postgraduate Research students within the School of Engineering, spanning the diverse fields of Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering.
Its objectives are to:
- Inform students and staff within the School about the exciting, original research that is being undertaken within and across different engineering disciplines;
- Foster and develop links between key academic, industry, and other stakeholders with an interest in advancement of science and engineering knowledge and capability;
- Benefit from the exchange and cross fertilisation of ideas and exploration of complementary expertise;
- Encourage and facilitate future joint cross- and multi-disciplinary research proposals that address ‘the big issues’;
- Encourage our undergraduates to experience first-hand the idea of choosing a career in engineering research;
- Generally raise the level of awareness of networking across the School of Engineering and within the College of Physical Sciences.
The symposium brings together the five diverse fields of research:
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Fluids and Structures
- Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering