The LRF Distinguished Lecture in Safety and Reliability Engineering was first held in October 2012. It is a prestigious lecture on current topics and concerns in Safety and Reliability Engineering. The lecture is hosted at the University of Aberdeen and is closely aligned with the LRF Centre at the School of Engineering.
More details on the past lectures can be found using the links below:
- 2016 Professor Michael Havbro Faber, Department of Civil Engineering, Technical University of Denmark
- 2015 Dr Dougal Goodman OBE FREng, Chief Executive, The Foundation for Science and Technology,
- 2014 Professor Armen Der Kiureghian, Interim President, American University of Armenia; Taisei Professor of Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
"Post-Hazard Learning and Decision-Making for Infrastructure Systems"
- 2013 Donald C Winter, Professor of Engineering Practice, Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, University of Michigan
"Systems Safety - Challenges and Opportunities"
- 2012 Professor Torgeir Moan, Director of the Centre of Ships and Ocean Structures, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
"Safety of Offshore Structures and Operations in the Oil and Gas Energy Sector."