Our Professional and Research Networks
Early Years and Childhood Education
- Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), Early Learning Centres and Nurseries throughout Scotland
Initial Teacher Education
- Local Authorities through Partnership Forum GTCS (General Teaching Council of Scotland)
- Northern Alliance Education Scotland
- Primary and Secondary schools: principally from Fife north to the Shetland Islands
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary
- Royal College of Occupational Therapy
Education's Alyson Young connected MA2 students who worked with the Occupational Therapy Department at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Occupation Therapy worked with Education's MA2 students last year as part of their Health and Wellbeing course.
This community link has subsequently been recognised by the Royal College of Occupational Therapy as innovation that should be rolled out nationally.
'[W]e work to educate and upskill other professionals such as teachers, who can use occupational therapy methods to promote fine motor, independence, and play skills. Our colleagues in NHS Grampian have already started this work with Aberdeen University and undegraduate Primary Education students.'
- COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland)
- BACP (The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- GO Surgeries
- Third sector Organisations
- National Design Groups with Education Scotland, Local Authorities and General Teaching Council Scotland (GTCS) partners
Teacher Qualification in Further Education (TQFE)
Our Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Bodies are:
GTCS – General Teaching Council for Scotland
COSCA - Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland
SSSC – Scottish Social Services Council