Diploma in Higher Education (Dip HE) in Dental Technology
All applicants should ensure they have fully read and understood the DipHE in Dental Technology prospectus page which can be found here.
The next intake for this course is the 2021/2022 academic year. Applications will be accepted from March next year, 2021.
All students must be employed as a trainee dental technician in a MHRA registered laboratory and have access to all three dental technology disciplines.
Entry qualifications for University-level qualification (access to University course), standard entry requirement, including specified subjects:
- Passes in two subjects at SQA Higher (C or above), which will include a science subject (or equivalent).
- English at SCQF Level 5, currently in Scotland this would equate to a Nat5 (or equivalent; previously Standard Grade).
- English should be the student’s primary language, if not then IELTS6 or equivalent would be required.
- Satisfactory employer documentation and workplace visit.
Applicants without traditional entry qualifications but with appropriate relevant experience may be considered by the Admissions Team.
Applicants who meet the entry requirements above would be required to attend a Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) session at the Institute. You can find more information on MMIs here.
How to Apply
Please note that the next intake for this course is the 2021/2022 academic year. Applications will be accepted from March next year, 2021.
- Copy of your employment contract
- Copy of MHRA registration for the laboratory in which you are employed
- Qualification certificates
- Copy of your passport
- IELTS Certificate (if required)
- Employer reference