Dr Takahiko Kiso
I am a lecturer (assistant professor) in economics at the University of Aberdeen Business School, with primary research interests in environmental/energy economics and public economics. I hold a PhD in agricultural and resource economics (University of Maryland) as well as an MSc in applied mathematics (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) and an MA and a BA in economics (University of Tokyo).
Prizes and Awards
Honourable mention, EAERE Award for the Best Paper Published in Environmental and Resource Economics During 2019. European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. 2020.
Primary: Environmental Economics, Energy Economics, Public Economics
Seconday: Applied Econometrics, Industrial Organisation
'Retrofit and New-Build Installations of Residential Solar PV: Fukushima as a Natural Experiment'. Discussion Papers in Economics and Finance, 21(5), University of Aberdeen. 2021. Joint with Ron Chan and Yosuke Arino.
- Revise & Resubmit: Journal of Environmental Economics and Management
- Previous version: ‘The Effect of Electricity Prices on Residential Solar PV Adoption: Fukushima as a Natural Experiment’. Discussion Papers in Economics and Finance, 18(10), University of Aberdeen. 2018.
Funding and Grants
- Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholarships. Co-investigator. Amount: £1,050,000. 2018–present.
- Henderson Economic Research Fund. Co-investigator. Amount: £2,000. 2016.
- University of Aberdeen Elphinstone Scholarship. Amount: £39,000. 2015–2018.
- University of Aberdeen Elphinstone Scholarship. Amount: £37,800. 2014–2017.
- Scottish Government / ClimateXChange Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Grant. Co-investigator. Amount: £257,000. 2014-2017.
- EC3023: Mathematical and Statistical Methods in Economics (UG)
- EC3530: Economics of Natural Resources and the Environment (UG)
- EC4030: Applied Economic Policy Evaluation (UG)
- BU5558: Business Strategy (PG)
- BU5033: Economic Analysis (PG)
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 9 of 9
Contrasting Effects of Electricity Prices on Retrofit and New-Build Installations of Solar PV: Fukushima as a Natural ExperimentJournal of Environmental Economics and ManagementContributions to Journals: Articles
A Subsidy That Is Inversely Related to the Product PriceEconomic JournalContributions to Journals: Articles
Retrofit and New-Build Installations of Residential Solar PV: Fukushima as a Natural ExperimentWorking Papers and Discussion Papers: Discussion Papers
State ownership and innovation: the relative merits of local and central state judged by innovation performanceInternational Journal of Innovation Management, vol. 25, no. 3, 2150026Contributions to Journals: Articles
Environmental Policy and Induced Technological Change: Evidence from Automobile Fuel Economy RegulationsEnvironmental and Resource Economics, vol. 74, pp. 785-810Contributions to Journals: Articles
Investigating users' preferences for Low Emission Buses: Experiences from Europe's largest hydrogen bus fleetJournal of Choice Modelling, vol. 32, 100169Contributions to Journals: Articles
Evaluating New Policy Instruments of the Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards: Footprint, Credit Transferring, and Credit TradingEnvironmental and Resource Economics, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 445–476Contributions to Journals: Articles
The Effect of Electricity Prices on Residential Solar PV Adoption: Fukushima as a Natural ExperimentWorking Papers and Discussion Papers: Discussion Papers
Pricing Automobile Fuel Economy: A New Hedonic ApproachWorking Papers and Discussion Papers: Discussion Papers