Counselling skills improves your communication skills, engages your personal development and provides you with a validated qualification.
We offer a range of Counselling Skills degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
These skills are used in many settings, where effective communication is essential. They can also be a suitable foundation for further training in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy. The active listening skills and ability to develop a helping relationship, are key qualities for many profession.
Available Programmes of Study
Why Study Counselling Skills at Aberdeen?
- An introduction to the theoretical concepts of a counselling approach and to the use of counselling skills.
- To develop effective active listening skills
- An introduction to the concept and experience of self-awareness and personal growth in the context of counselling skills training.
- To be able to understand and apply the model of a counselling approach
- To have a foundation understanding of the range of counselling approaches, CBT, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Gestalt etc.
- To provide an essential foundation for possible further training in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy
- To gain a validated certificate in Counselling Skills
Undergraduate EU Scholarship
The Aberdeen Global Undergraduate Scholarship is open to European Union (EU) students.
This is an £8,000 tuition fee discount available to eligible self-funded Undergraduate students who would have previously been eligible for Home (Scottish/EU) fee status.View Undergraduate EU Scholarship
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen