Counselling skills improves your communication skills, engages your personal development and provides you with a validated qualification.
These skills are used in many settings, where effective communication is essential. They can also be a suitable foundation for further training in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy. The active listening skills and ability to develop a helping relationship, are key qualities for many profession.
Why Study Counselling Skills at Aberdeen?
- An introduction to the theoretical concepts of a counselling approach and to the use of counselling skills.
- To develop effective active listening skills
- An introduction to the concept and experience of self-awareness and personal growth in the context of counselling skills training.
- To be able to understand and apply the model of a counselling approach
- To have a foundation understanding of the range of counselling approaches, CBT, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Gestalt etc.
- To provide an essential foundation for possible further training in the areas of counselling and psychotherapy
- To gain a validated certificate in Counselling Skills
What You'll Study
You may also be interested in...
Major-Minor Honours Degrees
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen