Before your interview
If you require any reasonable adjustments, you must complete the form (link in confirmation emails) at least 5 days before your interivew. Retrospective applications for adjustments will not be considered.
In your final email reminder that you will receive a few days before your interview. Please complete the consent and declaration of fitness form via the link provided in your email. It is important that you do this.
The interview is a serious part of the decision-making process, so candidates should give careful consideration about what they wear, and their general appearance, given the professional nature of the career they hope to embark upon.
Please be aware that by taking part in the Multiple Mini-Interview you are declaring yourself fit, well and able to undertake the interview. If you are unwell on the day of the interview, or any unforeseen events occur, please let us know and we will do our best to reschedule where possible.
- Please sign using the link to Blackboard Collaborate as provided in your confirmation emails 30 minutes before your interview time. Please ensure you have a working webcam, speakers and microphone. Please ensure you use Google Chrome as your web brower. Interviews can not be rescheduled.
- If you have had a previous interview at another institution using Blackboard Collaborate, you may find it useful to clear your browser history and deleting cookies before attempting to sign in to your Aberdeen interview.
- The interview session itself:
- Follows the format of a modified Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI).
- Will last for approximately 1.5 hours
- Candidates will be asked 6 sets of questions (stations)
- Selectors will explore one area/domain at each station for 5 minutes.
- Your interview will start with a briefing, explaining the process and dealing with any questions you might have and technical issues.
- Following the introduction where you will be asked to show your ID and you may be asked to pan the room with your camera. Please ensure you are in a quiet room alone.
- Selectors will begin asking questions. Candidates should try and keep answers succinct so responses can be scored fully and in as many areas as possible. Communication and interpersonal skills will also be scored at each station.
- We understand that candidates are very nervous. Our aim is to put everyone at easy to allow candidates to do their best.
- You would be advised to prepare for your interview by reviewing our website and appropriate web and paper-based materials in anticipation of potential interview topics. Given the high standards expected and the vocational nature of medical training, candidates should expect that the interview may be challenging, when the questions asked will be designed to make you think.
As there will be no reading time for the virtual interviews, in order to help you prepare, the topics/domains you will be questioned on are:
- Motivation & Commitment
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Core qualities
- Team work
- Personal Statement
- Article Comprehension - The article is attached to your confirmation email. Please read the article and feel free to make notes. You will be allowed to use your notes for this station only. If you have not received the article, please email email@example.com ASAP. interviews will not be rescheduled for failure to read the article.
- Communication (Scenario)
- Professionalism (Scenario)
- Personal Statement
- Knowledge of the Course
- The Impact of Covid
The School of Medicine, Medical Sciences and Nutrition is actively involved in research about our admission processes and the performance of our students. When you are invited to interview, you will be asked to sign a consent form allowing your UCAS, MMI and UCAT data to be used for educational research purposes in conjunction with any future medical school performance data. This is on the understanding that your data will not be reported individually nor your identity disclosed. You are free to decline this if you wish without the need to provide a reason.
On the day of your interview
You will need to bring the following items with you on the day of interview:
- Photographic ID
Please remember to complete the consent and declaration of fitness form via the link provided to you in your final reminder email.;