Public Engagement Fund
The Public Engagement Fund invites applications for ambitious projects aimed at engaging the public with health-related research.
- Open to all researchers (not just ISSF- or Wellcome-funded).
- Proposals are expected to comprise long-term projects or a programme of activities rather than single one-off events.
- We encourage applications that demonstrate innovative approaches, partnerships with external organisations, collaborations between Science and Arts & Humanities, identification of audience needs or plans for collaboration/consultation with hard-to-reach audiences.
- The project may serve as a pilot or “seed fund” ahead of applying for a larger public engagement award, e.g. Wellcome’s Public Engagement Fund.
- Applications must include an evaluation plan to evidence the benefits to stakeholders/ audiences and to research/researchers.
- Funds may be used to pay staff who will coordinate the project but not to cover the salaries of University staff.
Awards are expected to be in the range of £2,000 - £10,000.
Applicants are encouraged to seek advice and support from the PERU team by emailing email@example.com.