The Digital Research Team
To get in touch with the Digital Research Team simply send us an email.
What We Do
- Support research communities and external partners to achieve impactful results
- Deliver technology services and solutions to accelerate research: powerful computing resources, data management tools, and trusted research environments
- Collaborate with researchers and business partners to get the best outcome
- Offer access to an experienced and innovative team with research skills, knowledge, and understanding
Why Contact Us?
Planning a project
- Submitting a grant application
- Would like expert input at planning stage
- Costing IT elements in your project
- Want technology benefits built in
- Need to work in a trusted research environment (e.g., Safe Haven, SafePod)
- Need a secondment from a member of the team
Planning Data Collection
- Want to select the right survey tool
- Planning a bespoke application to gather data
- Would like a survey built
Need support for Data Analysis and Data Management
- Writing a data management plan
- Understanding options for managing big data
- Need to work in a trusted research environment (email Safe Haven Team)
- Want to develop a bespoke research application
- Accelerate analysis via HPC (High Performance Computing)
- You would like to deploy new equipment or software on the network (managed device or server)
- You would like a server for your research
- Data protection and governance
- Share data safely with others
Do also get in contact if you have any other digital research-related query!
For operational support or standard requests please contact the Service Desk.
Digital Research in action
Explore our case studies to see how working with the Digital Research team can benefit your research
Using our Grampian Data Safe Haven to process unconsented patient data and link datasets within and outside of healthcare is bringing new insights to public health.
Our supercomputing clusters boost the University's capacity for research, for example supporting the Centre for Genome Enabled Biology & Medicine.
Our digital research specialists are experts who work with researchers across the University to provide anything from an advisory email to a multi-month secondment.
This Small Business Research Initiative, a joint venture between clinicians and commercial companies, allows us to develop AI technology to improve the diagnosis of limb fractures.