How the brain can influence the battle of the bulge is the subject up for discussion at the latest Café Scientifique event tomorrow.
‘Can our brains help us shed those holiday party pounds’ will see Professor Lora Heisler and Dr Lourdes Valencia-Torres from the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health at the University of Aberdeen lead the discussion into how processes and connections within the brain can be the key to shedding the extra pounds .
Professor Heisler said: “Somewhat surprisingly, our brain is the master orchestrator of our appetite. In this discussion I will talk about how our brain makes pudding taste so good and what strategies, if any, we can adopt to shift those extra pounds.”
The event is part of the University of Aberdeen’s popular Cafe Scientifique series which is hosted by the University’s Public Engagement with Research Unit. The Café Scientifique series, invites leading experts to share the latest in scientific research with the public in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. This is set to be an informal and inspiring night aimed at the general public with plenty of time for questions. The event will be held at 7pm in Waterstones on Wednesday 25th January and is free to attend.
Full details of the series and other events in the University’s wider programme can be found at www.engagingaberdeen.co.uk
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018