The Public Affairs Team promotes the research and expertise of the University to the political, policy and civic audiences. We develop and facilitate interactions with elected members of national and local governments (Scotland, UK, Europe), and senior policy makers within those governments. At a local level, the team supports relations with local authorities and our external partners, including wider community.
Our Team supports the work of the University in:
- Communicating with policy makers and influencers at Holyrood, Westminster and elsewhere
- Monitoring parliamentary and government activities at a devolved, UK and European level, from debating chamber through to the various committees and groups, for extant and potential interactions with the University
- Supporting ministerial and VIP diplomatic visits to the University
- Co-ordinating briefing materials for MSPs, MPs, Peers and councillors
- Providing advice for University staff seeking to engage with public policy and policy makers