The Public Affairs Team promotes the research and expertise of the University to the political, policy and civic audiences. We develop and facilitate interactions with elected members of national and local governments (Scotland, UK, Europe), and senior policy makers within those governments. At a local level, the team supports relations with the local authorities and community.
Our Team supports the work of the University in:
- Communicating with policy makers and influencers at Holyrood, Westminster and elsewhere
- Monitoring parliamentary and government activities at a devolved, UK and European level, from debating chamber through to the various committees and groups, for extant and potential interactions with the University
- Supporting ministerial and VIP visits to the University
- Co-ordinating biannual briefing sessions for local MSPs, MPs and MEPs
- Issuing the ‘Aberdeen Bulletin’ to MPs, MSPs and MEPs on Aberdeen’s teaching, research and other policy influencing activity
- Providing advice and training for University staff seeking to engage with policy and policy makers
The office is staffed Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. For urgent enquiries outwith office hours call +44 (0)1224 273231 to speak to a member of the Public Affairs Team. (Please note - media enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)1224 272014.)
Public Affairs’ lead officer is Godfrey Brown.