Applications are invited from Early Career Researchers to participate in a 4 day workshop to be held in Bogor, Indonesia from 26-29 January 2016, under the Researcher Links programme funded by the British Council Newton Fund and the Royal Society of Chemistry. The objectives of the Workshop are to:
- Establish research links and future research collaborations between UK and Indonesian ECRs
- Contribute to capacity building for ECRs in both countries
- Support research areas relevant to the economic development of both countries
The Workshop will focus on 4 areas:
- Heterogeneous catalysis in the context of energy and the environment
- Materials chemistry relevant to the above areas
15 ECRs from the UK will join 15 Indonesian counterparts for a 4 day programme involving contributed talks from all participants, poster presentations, key note lectures from senior UK and Indonesian academics, plus round table discussions including funding agency representatives about sustaining future research collaborations.
All travel, accommodation and subsistence costs are covered by the British Council and RSC funding.
The British Council definition of an ECR is anyone awarded a PhD in the past 10 years (with allowance for career breaks).
Early Career Researchers interested in participating should complete the application form and submit it along with a short CV, including a statement of how their research contributes to the theme of the Workshop by 1 September 2015. UK applicants should email the completed form to email@example.com, and Indonesian applicants to firstname.lastname@example.org