Join Sam Revell (Assistant Curator) from the Museums & Special Collections for a walking tour of the new exhibition in the Library Gallery. Sam will be chatting about some of the themes and highlighting some of the exhibits. All welcome!
“Striking Impressions is an exhibition about how faces have been interpreted and depicted in different ways. Anatomy, divination, caricature, sculpture, painting, masks – there’s a lot on display! We don’t just want people to look at stuff though – throughout the exhibition we’re encouraging visitors to reflect and engage with the displays creatively. There’s even a creative space in the middle of the gallery where you can just sit and use the art supplies provided.”
Sam Revell (Assistant Curator)
- No need to book.
- The tour will begin at 13:00 and will last approximately 30 minutes.
- Meet at the Library Gallery door on the ground floor of the Sir Duncan Rice Library (next to the Cafe).
- We will be walking around the gallery but there are folding stools available. If you have any access requirements, please contact us by email ahead of the tour.
- All welcome. You do not have to be a student or member of staff at the University to attend.
- Hosted by
- University of Aberdeen Museums & Special Collections
- The Gallery
If you would like more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No booking required.