From 08:00 on Thursday 12th Februrary, Lync - the unified communications software - will be upgraded on all campus PCs approximately one hour after startup.
What is happening?
We are rolling out a new version of Microsoft’s unified communications service – Lync 2013 – to all staff desktop PCs.
When is this happening?
From 08:00 on Thursday 12 February. The installation will start automatically approximately one hour after you start up your PC.
What should you do?
You don’t need to do anything. Note however that if you are actively using Lync when the installation starts, there will be a short period when the service becomes unavailable as it shuts down and upgrades. If you lose connection in this way, please be patient. The installation takes 4-5 minutes; once complete, Lync 2013 will relaunch automatically.
Why is this happening?
Later this year, Microsoft will be replacing Lync with Skype for Business. This new version of the communication software will take advantage of the strengths of both Skype and Lync.
This upgrade of Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 will facilitate our move to Skype for Business, when the time comes.
- Find out more about Lync 2013 on StaffNet
- Find out more about Skype for Business on Skype blogs
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018