The P&J Live will be the main conference venue used for The International Gut Microbiology Symposium 2023 - evening venues may vary. This new and modern conference venue was completed in September 2019 and boasts outstanding sustainability credentials.
P&J Live has achieved an excellent rating in BREEAM which is the highest environmental standard possible and are proud to be the most sustainable venue of its type in the UK.
Some key sustainability features include:
- A network of over 7km of new footpaths serves the site, connecting it to surrounding areas
- Over 29,000 trees and shrubs have been planted on-site
- P&J Live has been designed to be a living environment to attract people and wildlife to the area
- P&J Live is powered by Aberdeen's food and garden waste
- 98.8% of all materials have been reused on-site
Directions: The P&J Live is located next to the airport, to the northwest of the city. It is serviced by the Jet Service 727 Bus which is operated by Stagecoach. As the main link from the city centre to the airport, this service runs every 10 minutes during peak times and has a Live Tracker which is accessible through the Stagecoach App.