Dr Prashant Jadhawar has more than 15 years’ experience of teaching in academia and working in the oil and gas industry in UK, Germany, Australia and India. His expertise areas are: Enhanced Oil and Gas Recovery, CO2 sequestration combined with EOR/EGR, Reservoir Modelling and Simulation, Reservoir fluid characterization/PVT phase behaviour (including CO2-Oil interactions) and flow assurance (hydrate, wax and asphaltenes). He has published around 18 technical papers and written several technical reports. Over the years, he taught numerous courses including Reservoir Engineering, Reservoir Simulation, PE Reservoir fluid properties/ thermodynamics, Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR), Surface Production Systems, Drilling Engineering and Petroleum Refinery Operations. Prior to the University of Aberdeen, Prashant had been a Senior reservoir Engineer EOR (R&D) at Wintershall Holding GmBH, Germany (Feb 1, 2014 to June 30, 2017).
Prashant holds a PhD in Petroleum Engineering (2010; Dissertation “CO2-Assisted Gravity Drainage EOR Process: Reservoir Simulation & Scaled Model studies”, University of Adelaide, Australia); Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) & Master of Engineering (MEng) in Petroleum Engineering (University of Pune, India); a Master of Philosophy degree in Petroleum Engineering ("CO2 sequestration and storage in gas hydrate reservoirs for methane recovery", Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK). He is also a fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA), UK since 2012.
Dr Prashant Jadhawar has about 10 years' programme leadership experience in the UK and in India. He designed and developed/established a petroleum engineering programme during his tenure at the University of Portsmouth, UK (Programme Leadership: January 2011 to January 2014) while liaising with the Society of Petroleum Engineers (as a SPE faculty advisor), and oil and gas industries in the UK (through in-house SPE industry-guest lecture series, field visits, industry software/laboratory equipment resource etc.). Prashant had also been a Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering and a Programme Leader for the post-graduate diploma in Piping Design and Engineering for 6.5 years (1997-2003) at the Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune, India.
Research InterestsResearch Expertise:
Open to expression of interests for collaborative research from the industry & academics) and PhD studentships (Self-funded at the moment) in the following areas:Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR): Sandstone and Carbonate reservoirs
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Flow Assurance: wax, hydrates, asphaltene and scale inhibition (subsurface and facilities)
- Methane production from natural gas hydrates in porous media: laboratory and numerical simulation investigation, CO2 sequestration through clathrate hydrates
- Reservoir Modelling and Simulation
- Reservoir Fluid Characterization/PVT phase behavior and modelling
- Gasflooding (CO2, Hydrocarbon gas, N2)
- Low salinity / Smart waterflood, Carbonated waterflood
- Steamflooding EOR (North Sea application)- Chemical flooding (Surfactant/ionic solvents/Polymer)- Hybrid EOR processes
EOR in fractured carbonates and North Sea chalk reservoirs: including microbial application
CO2 sequestration & Storage coupled with Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) & Enhanced Gas Recovery (EGR) (i) Natural Gas (Methane)-Hydrate reservoirs (ii) coal bed methane (CBM) reservoirs
Laboratory experimental investigation; Reservoir Modelling & Simulation: EOR/EGRApplication of novel techniques:- Ionic solvents/nanofluids in EOR/CO2 sequestration/gas hydrates in porous media, flow assurance- hydrogen storage as hydrates etc.
Teaching ResponsibilitiesEG502F: Field Development and Petroleum Economics (MSc)EG551Q: Well Testing - Analysis and Design (MSc)EP4531: Field Development and Petroleum Economics (BEng, level 4)EP4018: Petroleum Production Engineering and Technoloy (BEng, level 4): Flow assurance (Hydrates, wax and asphaltene), Sand Production and controlEG503T: Well Plugging and Abandonment (MSc Decommissioning)Supervision of PhD, MSc, MEng and BEng research projectsPreviously taughtReservoir Engineeing/EORReservoir fluid properties/characterization (PVT phase behaviour, EoS development)Reservoir Simulation
- Further Info
Prashant served as an academic programme reviewer of the undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Petroleum Engineering at Heriot-Watt University (2012) and London South Bank University (2012). He is a member of the academic advisor committee in petroleum engineering at the Commonwealth commission, UK. He is expert reviewer/referee of the international scientific journals including Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, American Chemical Society (ACS) journals. Prashant has also served at the various conference/workshop committees (SPE, Praxis global etc.), national and international seminars. He delivered number of invited talks at workshops, received SPE recognition award while serving as a SPE faculty advisor, fellowships/scholarships (UG/MPhil/PhD studies: India, UK and Australia).
PhD External Examiner: Examined PhD disserations in UK and India
Society of Petroleum Engineers
Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK
Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, UK
- EG502F Field Development and Petroleum Economics (FDP) MSc Petroleum Engineering
- EG503T Well Plugging and Anbandonment (MSc Decommissioining)
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 20
- Akanji, L, Dala, JA, Bello, K, Olafuyi, O & Jadhawar, PS 2019, 'Application of Artificial Intelligence in Well Screening and Production Optimisation in Oredo Oilfields, Niger Delta, Nigeria', Paper presented at SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 5-7 August, Lagos, Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria, 5/08/19 - 7/08/19. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/198877-MS
- Jadhawar, PS & Eze, O 2019, 'EOR Due to Wettability Alterations in Carbonate Reservoirs', SPE Workshop: The Journey to 70% Recovery Factor - From Vision to Plan , Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 12/02/19 - 13/02/19.
- Dala, JA, Akanji, L, Olalekan, O, Bello, K & Jadhawar, PS 2019, 'Impact of Well Production Tubing Diameter on Multiphase Flow Regime Profile in Oredo Fields, Niger Delta, Nigeria', Paper presented at SPE Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 5-7 August, Lagos, Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria, 5/08/19 - 7/08/19. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/198876-MS
- Ponmani, S, Gupta, P, Jadhawar, PS, Nagarajan, R & Sangwai, J 2019, 'Investigations on the thermal and electrical conductivity of polyethylene glycol-based CuO and ZnO nanofluids', Indian Chemical Engineer. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00194506.2019.1677513
- Jadhawar, PS & Saeed, MS 2019, 'Low Salinity Waterflooding and Polymer Enhanced Oil Recovery from Sandstone reservoirs', Paper presented at DEVEX 2019, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 7/05/19 - 8/05/19.
- Saeed, MS, Ahmed, Q & Jadhawar, PS 2019, 'Mechanistic Modelling of Sand Consolidation Treatment in a Heavy Oil Sudanese Field Using an Innovative Guar Gum Gel Recipe', DEVEX 2019, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 7/05/19 - 8/05/19.
- Jadhawar, PS & Sarma, HK 2012, 'Effect of Well Pattern and Injection Well Type on CO2-Assisted Gravity Drainage Enhanced Oil Recovery', Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 98-99, pp. 83-94. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2012.09.004
- Jadhawar, PS & Sarma, HK 2010, 'Improved Production Strategy for Enhancing the Immiscible and Miscible CO2-Assisted Gravity Drainage Oil Recovery', Paper presented at SPE International Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, Beijing, China, 8/06/10 - 10/06/10.
- Jadhawar, PS & Sarma, HK 2010, 'Numerical Simulation and Sensitivity Analysis of Gas-Oil Gravity Drainage Process of Enhanced Oil Recovery', Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 64-70. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/133373-PA
- Jadhawar, PS & Sarma, HK 2008, 'CO2-Assisted Gravity Drainage EOR in Australian Reservoirs: Reservoir Simulation & Scaled Model Studies', 2008 AIE Postgraduate Student Energy Awards, Sydney, Australia, 18/11/08 - 18/11/08.