Old Town House is located right in the heart of Old Aberdeen at the top of the High Street. It was built in 1788/89 and was the hub of the Burgh and the focal point for a busy trading community. In the last 150 years it has had various uses, including as a church mission, a Masonic lodge, a police station and a library.
Though currently closed for redevelopment, it now plays host to King's Museum, with a programme of changing exhibitions displaying material from the University’s Recognised Collections of National Significance.
On a plinth outside the entrance stands the worn remnants of Old Aberdeen's market cross, parts of which date back to the 16th century and were rediscovered in a local smithy in 1841.
The AccessAble service provides a pan-disability access guide to this building, including photos.