The University is located within a city at the heart of a diverse and thriving regional economy. Aberdeen’s pivotal role in the international oil and gas industry means that it enjoys excellent communications and travel links.
Aberdeen's international airport is served by a number of major carriers, providing an extensive network of routes throughout the UK, direct to Europe and worldwide through major hubs.
There is a frequent bus link or taxis available to take you to the city centre.
First-class roads south to Edinburgh, Glasgow, and onwards, carry fast coach services linking Aberdeen with the UK's major cities. Competitive return fares, using Travelcard schemes, make coach travel popular with students.
Rail services connect Aberdeen both north and south. There are regular direct trains to London, and services from Edinburgh and Glasgow link with other mainline routes. Inverness, the scenic West Coast and Highlands are reached northwards. S
Reaching our campuses
For Old Aberdeen
Entering the city from the south or west, follow signs for the A90 (Fraserburgh and Peterhead). This leads round the ring road (Anderson Drive). Exiting from a roundabout (signed Old Aberdeen) onto Cairncry Road, continue to follow the A90 signs through two further roundabouts onto St. Machar Drive. After a third roundabout, the road bisects Old Aberdeen and local signs will direct you to University sites. From the north, Old Aberdeen is signposted on the A96 (from Dyce and Inverness) and on the A90 (from Peterhead).
Old Aberdeen Postcode: AB24 3FX
For Foresterhill Campus
Entering the city from the south or west, follow signs for the A90 (Fraserburgh and Peterhead). This leads round the ring road (Anderson Drive). Exit right (A9011) onto Ashgrove Road West, continue beyond the junction with Foresterhill Road, then turn right on to Cornhill Road when the bus turning area is close to the Medical School car park. From the north, Foresterhill is approached via the A96 (from Dyce and Inverness) and the A90 (from Peterhead) and thence to the A90 (North) Anderson Drive.
Foresterhill Postcode: AB25 2ZD GPS: Lat: 57:09:23N (57.15634), Lon: 2:08:05W (-2.1346) Grid Ref: NJ919072
By Local Bus
City Centre to Old Aberdeen Campus via FirstBus
- Number 20, from Guild Street (near Aberdeen Bus and Train stations), links the city centre with the main Old Aberdeen campus, and the Hillhead Halls of Residence.
- Number 19, from Broad Street, opposite Marischal College, passes to the west of the University along Bedford Road and stops near the Sir Duncan Rice Library.
- Numbers 1/1/A/1B and 2 travel along Union Street, the city's main thoroughfare, King Street and pass the University. Alight just after the King's playing fields on your left.
Nearest Stops to Old Aberdeen Campus
- Old Aberdeen (bus no. 20)
- Bedford Road (bus no. 19)
- King Street (bus no. 1/1A/1B and 2)
You can also use the Stagecoach service from Adelphi or Union Square Bus station up King Street past the University.
City Centre to Foresterhill Campus via FirstBus
- Numbers 3/3A/3B/3S will take you from Guild Street (near Aberdeen Bus and Train stations) to the main entrance of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on Foresterhill Road.
- Number 23 will take you from Union Street to Harcourt Road Stop, a 10-minute walk away from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and the Foresterhill Campus.
Nearest Stops to Foresterhill Campus
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (bus no. 3/3A/3B/3S)
- Harcourt Road Stop (bus no. 23)
You can also use the Stagecoach service from Guild Street or Union Square Bus station to the main entrance of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary on Foresterhill Road.