The MA (four years) and the MBus (five years) in International Business are designed to develop the leaders of the future. They provide students with a broad understanding of International Business and are designed to equip you to be successful, with an exceptional knowledge and understanding of both its operations and its economic, political and social context.
The University of Aberdeen draws on both ancient heritage and globally-recognised excellence in research and teaching to challenge students academically and to connect them with the world of practice. Students will have the opportunity to include the study of a language throughout the programme, whether or not they have any prior knowledge of the language. Periods of study or internships abroad are integral parts of these programmes.
The programmes provides a broadly-based education in International Business through a four year programme. Students will take part in specialist courses in International Business can specialise in at least one of the following; economics, real estate, accounting, finance and business management. The programmes are designed to develop the international business leaders of the future.
Why Study International Business at Aberdeen?
- You will gain exceptional knowledge and understanding of international business, both its operations and its economic, political and social contexts
- By studying Business Management at Aberdeen, you will gain a qualification from one of the top 1% universities in the world.
- Our research centres including ACREEF (the Aberdeen Centre for Research in Energy Economics and Finance) headed by leading international petroleum economist and author Professor Alex Kemp, adviser to the Scottish Government.
- Aberdeen is home to CELMR (the Centre for European Labour Market Research) which leads research in education, skills and labour markets, so topical today.
- Professional training facilities include the virtual Thomson Reuters Eikon™ trading floor, used by major financial services companies across the world and integrating real activity in financial markets directly in to our students’ courses.
- Enterprise Campus, a new initiative to nurture entrepreneurial skills and support students wanting to progress their own business ideas.
- The spectacular, award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, with excellent study facilities, state-of-the-art technology, and a first-class collection of reference works in business and management.
- A packed programme of events and the annual May Festival attracting internationally acclaimed public figures, business leaders, authors and broadcasters to discuss and debate critical issues and challenges in the world today.
- A Business Management programme which perfectly balances theory and practical work, with strong links with local and global businesses giving you cutting-edge insights in to the subject.
- Aberdeen is the main European centre for the oil and gas industry, and international accountancy firms, multinational companies and financial services all have offices in the city.
What You'll Study
Students will have the opportunity to explore a range of themes to broaden their knowledge and sharpen their critical analysis of current debates and challenges. Some of these areas include:
- International studies in economics
- Real Estate
- Finance and management
Single Honours Degrees
Joint Honours Degrees
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen