The University of Aberdeen operates an 'open door' visiting policy throughout the year. All prospective students, interested parents, teachers and careers staff are welcome to visit the University by making an appointment with the Student Recruitment & Admissions Service.
Our visits are Monday - Friday at 1pm (with the exception of Medicine which begins at 11am on Wednesdays). We usually require two weeks notice so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
A visit begins with a tour of the King's College campus led by one of our current students, followed by a visit to the department(s) of interest (maximum of 2 due to time restrictions). If you are an international student we will allow some time for you to meet with one of our International Officers. The tour includes our sports facilities, library and many more of the resources that the University has to offer. This gives visitors the opportunity to get a real feel for the campus, as well as finding out more about life at the University from both students and academics.
Some departments have specific days when they are available (listed below) to meet with visitors, please take this into consideration when selecting your visit date.
- Education - These are available at 1pm on Tuesdays.
- Film and Visual Culture - These are available at 1pm Monday - Thursday.
- History Visits- These are available at 1pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.
- Medicine Visits- These are available at 11am on Wednesdays between April and 15 October only.
- Psychology Visits- These are available at 1pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
+44 (0)1224 273651
If you are interested in Postgraduate study, and would like a tour of campus as well as the opportunity to speak to a member of staff from your programme of choice, please email email@example.com.