All international (except European Economic Area and Swiss nationals) students will be required to apply for entry clearance to the UK. If you are studying for less than 6 months you have the option of two entry clearance routes:

  • Short-term student (formerly known as Student Visitor)
  • Tier 4 visa (this visa is required if you want to have the ability to work in the UK and to extend your studies/transfer to another course without leaving the UK) 

If you are studying in the UK for 6 months or more you are required to apply for a Tier 4 visa. 

Further information on how to apply for a visa will be provided to students once they are accepted to study at the University of Aberdeen and have received their Offer Letter.