Update to Reading Room Research Services
Reading Room Staff have been working from home since the Reading Room closed in mid-March, during which time we have not been able to access original materials. From Monday 13 July we will begin re-establishing research services, starting with a research copy service.
What will this mean?
Enquiries and copy requests received during the closed period;
- We will now be able to access materials to help answer your query or provide the research copies you requested.
- Unless you have a new or more pressing deadline, there is no need to contact us again. We will respond to all enquiries and research copy requests already received according to date of receipt and deadline advised.
- We may not be able to respond immediately so thank you in advance for your continued patience - we have logged very many enquiries over the last four months, so it may take us a little time to reach and research yours.
New research enquiries and research copy requests;
- Our immediate focus will be to support Aberdeen University staff and students. We are very grateful for information that was provided as part of the work of the Campus Planning (Research) Group and other information about teaching requirements - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with new or further requests.
- We welcome all enquiries, but if your research is not time-dependent, we would ask you to consider waiting just a little longer to submit your request.
- We will prioritise research and scanning requests according to urgency of research need. Please advise us of any deadlines - academic, publishing or other - that might apply.
- Please provide specific details where you can. This will best, and most speedily, help us assess your request.
- We may not be able to respond quite as quickly as in normal circumstances - please allow a turn-around time of up to 12 weeks for non-urgent enquiries.
In this first phase of re-opening the Reading Room will remain closed to researchers in-person;
- Researcher in-person access will be enabled, in a gradual way, as it is safe to do so. We look forward to seeing you then, meantime we will provide regular updates on plans for re-opening the Reading Room on our web page.
Other ways to keep researching
Until access to materials in person is possible again, online catalogues, information about our collections and our digital collections all still available via our webpages www.abdn.ac.uk/special-collections
Please email email@example.com for further guidance, and keep checking our webpages for service news and updates.
Thank you, and with best wishes,
The Wolfson Reading Room Team