Please request Special Collections materials by emailing email@example.com
Browsable material on open access in the Reading Room
In addition to our closed access collections, three printed collections are on open access. Materials in these collections are for consultation only and are not borrowable:
- Local Collection – covering the north-east corner of Scotland and the former Grampian Region, with special emphasis on the University and its history
- S Collection – relating to the study of books and manuscripts and complementing our printed and archive collections
- Periodicals – including historical society publications, journals and serial titles, dating mainly from the 19th and 20th centuries.
Archive and printed materials from closed access collections
All archive and most special printed collections are closed access and so must be requested in advance for consultation in the Reading Room.
Please search the online catalogue to identify items you would like to request:
- please note that that there is a minimum one full working day request period; for next day consultation, please request item(s) by 4.00pm the previous day, materials can be available from 10.00am onwards the next day, or on Monday if requested on Friday
- please note that requested materials may not be available immediately (due to access conditions and restrictions). Please wait until you have received confirmation that your requested item(s) will be available before you finalise your visit plans.
Please note: all enquiries relating to NHS Grampian Archives should be addressed to the NHS Archivist. Further information is available here