Business Management explores the theory and practice of how people and organisations are managed in a highly competitive global business environment, taught by leaders in this highly topical field. You will benefit from real-life scenarios, giving you the skills, experience and attributes for a head start across a wide range of careers in the international business world.
You will gain a wide perspective and thorough grounding through studying Management, Accountancy, Statistics and Economics.
Your skills will develop in a dynamic learning and research environment, inspired by staff with a wide range of professional backgrounds and experience, who are leaders in the fields of accounting practice and theory, financial markets and corporate finance, and organisational change.
Why this programme?
A degree in Business Management generates opportunities for you across a wide spectrum of employment possibilities – from large multinational blue-chips to small and medium-sized enterprises in any number of private and public sector industries. You will gain the competitive advantage in whichever career path you choose, including a special focus on enterprise and nurturing entrepreneurial skills.
Business Management is a wide-ranging programme and you will benefit from our holistic approach to the subject. You will learn about the latest business management techniques and models and will study topics such as managing organisations, the economics behind business and society, accounting and entrepreneurship, statistics, human resource management and consumer behaviour.
Studying Business Management at the University of Aberdeen will open up a wealth of career opportunities over a wide spectrum of industries and many of our graduates now work for large multinational blue-chip companies. Previous graduates have gone on to work for employers including Ernst and Young, Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland and British Airways.
- Account Manager
- Graduate Commercial Manager
- Investment Analyst
- Recruitment Consultant
- Ship Agent
- Supply Chain Management Intern
- Trainee Chartered Accountant
- 65% or above in the Thanawiyah or 5 passes at C or above in IGCSE
- 40 UCAS points at AS/A Level or completed IB Certificate
- Proof of English language at IELTS 5.5 or above (minimum 5.0 in all sections) or equivalent qualification.
- Applications for advanced entry to Level 3 will be considered from applicants presenting a diploma level qualification from a recognised FE College with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- The tuition fee for entry in September 2018 is 89,000 QR per year.
- Tuition fees are fixed at the point of entry so there is no annual increase for returning students.