Srinivas is currently a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. He has joined as a Lecturer in the School of Engineering at the University of Aberdeen in August 2009. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher (Oct 2006 - July 2009) at the University of Surrey working on CREDO (Composites Reliability from Engineering Design Optimisation) project.
Srinivas has received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras focusing on Copula based Simulations for Engineering systems. He has a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from MNNIT and was awarded the Sir. Arthur Cotton Gold Medal (2000) by Nagarjuna University, India for securing highest marks in B.Tech (Civil Engineering).
• Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Postgraduate) 2015, College of Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
Programme Co-ordinator for
• MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering (including for Oil and Gas)
• MSc (Global) Subsea Engineering, and
• MSc Offshore Engineering
Graduated PhD students
• Mohammad Hedyati, Reliability of Blast Wall Structures, January 2019.
• Susmita Naskar, Spatial variability characterization of laminated composites, September 2018.
• Siamak Alizadeh, Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems, June 2018.
• Abayomi Obisesan, Stochastic Damage Modelling of Ship-Ship and Ship-Iceberg collisions, April 2017.
• Usman Abubakar, Stochastic Approaches for Chemical Process Performance Modelling, November 2014.
- Reliability quantification of offshore infrastructure (including instrumented systems).
- Risk based inspection and management of ageing structures.
- Stochastic micro- and macro-mechanics, multi-scale spatial variability and experimental characterisation of composite materials and components.
- Copula based multivariate stochastic models for spatial variability representation of engineering systems.
- Stochastic finite elements, reliability based optimal design of structures, and related fields.
- EG5060 Statistics and Probability for Safety, Reliability and Quality
- EG5511 Advanced Methods for Risk & Reliability Assessment
- EG40JQ Safety and Reliability Engineering (along with other faculty)
- EG1527 Applied Mechanics and Structures (delivered with other faculty)
- Further Info
- Fellow, Safety and Reliability Society.
- Reviewer for various learned journals.