Chair in Geology & Petroleum Geology
- All aspects of clastic sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy. A particular interest is the application of geomorphology to the rock record in continental environments.
- Evolution of the Central Andes: using stratigraphic, sedimentological and structural data to reconstruct the timing and cause of climate change and uplift in the Central Andes.
- Stratigraphic development of clastic sedimentary successions in Large Igneous Provinces.
- Application of all aspects of clastic sedimentology in the exploration for, and the exploitation of, hydrocarbon reservoirs.
Fluvial System Research Group. A Joint Industry Project currently funded by BG, Chevron, ConocoPhillips and Total. The project links with Albuquerque and Royal Holloway and aims to develop a predictive model of distributive fluvial systems (DFS) and associated environments based on remote sensing imagery and outcrop studies. Research is focussed on outcrop based studies in various parts of the world and involves building 3D models of different aspects of distributive fluvial systems, "ground-truthed" using datasets derived from remotely sensed imagery and modern day systems.
StratLIP a multidisciplinary approach to understanding the sedimentological and volcanic evolution of LIP's.
Gary Weissmann & Louis Scuderi, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
Gary Nichols, Nautilus
Anne Mather, University of Plymouth
Level 1 GL1005 Earth Through Geological Time
Level 3 GL3025 Stratigraphy
Level 3 GL3026 Helmsdale/Skye Fieldtrip Course Coordinator
Level 4 GL4023 Mapping Project
Level 4 GL4522 Birth, Growth and Death of Supercontinents
Level 5 Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy. Leader of Utah Fieldtrip, Sicily fieldtrip.
- Further Info
Director of Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc
Director of Teaching and Learning, School of Geosciences
Page 13 of 13 Results 121 to 126 of 126
- Prosser, J & Hartley, A 1993, '1. Reservoir Characterisation of Deep‐Marine Clastic Systems: Aberdeen, UK.', Journal of Petroleum Geology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 483. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-5457.1993.tb00354.x
- Hartley, AJ 1993, 'A depositional model for the Mid-Westphalian A to late Westphalian B coal measures of South Wales', Journal - Geological Society (London), vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1121-1136. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/gsjgs.150.6.1121
- Jones, JA & Hartley, AJ 1993, 'Reservoir characteristics of a braid-plain depositional system: The Upper Carboniferous Pennant Sandstone of South Wales', Geological Society Special Publication, vol. 73, pp. 143-156. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.SP.1993.073.01.09
- LEIGH, SEBASTIAN & HARTLEY, ADRIANJ 1992, 'Mega‐debris flow deposits from the Oligo‐Miocene Pindos foreland basin, western mainland Greece: implications for transport mechanisms in ancient deep marine basins', Sedimentology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1003-1012. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3091.1992.tb01993.x
- Hartley, AJ, Turner, P, Rex, DC & Flint, S 1992, 'Palaeomagnetic, geochronological and geological constraints on the tectonic evolution of the Mejillones Peninsula, northern Chile', Geological Journal, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59-74. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3350270106
- Hartley, AJ, Flint, S, Turner, P & Jolley, EJ 1992, 'Tectonic controls on the development of a semi-arid alluvial basin as reflected in the stratigraphy of the Purilactis Group (upper cretaceous-eocene), northern Chile', Journal of South American Earth Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 275-296. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0895-9811(92)90026-U