Chair in Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- All aspects of clastic sedimentology and sequence stratigraphy. A particular interest is the application of geomorphology to the rock record in continental environments.
- Evolution of the Central Andes: using stratigraphic, sedimentological and structural data to reconstruct the timing and cause of climate change and uplift in the Central Andes.
- Stratigraphic development of clastic sedimentary successions in Large Igneous Provinces.
- Application of all aspects of clastic sedimentology in the exploration for, and the exploitation of, hydrocarbon reservoirs.
Triassic JIP Phase 2 & 3. A joint indstry project funded by BP, JX Nippon, Total, CNOOC & Neptune Energy looking at the provenance, sedimentology and biostratigraphy of the Triaasic succession in the Central North Sea. The aim is to better predict reservoir distribution and quality in these improtant reservoir units.
Fluvial System Research Group. A Joint Industry Project currently funded by BG, Chevron, ConocoPhillips and Total. The project links with Albuquerque and Royal Holloway and aims to develop a predictive model of distributive fluvial systems (DFS) and associated environments based on remote sensing imagery and outcrop studies. Research is focussed on outcrop based studies in various parts of the world and involves building 3D models of different aspects of distributive fluvial systems, "ground-truthed" using datasets derived from remotely sensed imagery and modern day systems.
Gary Weissmann & Louis Scuderi, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque.
Amanda Owen, University of Glasgow
Anne Mather, University of Plymouth
Laura Evenstar, University of Brighton
Level 3 GL3525 Torridon/Gairloch Fieldtrip Course Coordinator
Level 4 GL4023 Mapping Project
Level 5 Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc sedimentology, Utah Fieldtrip, Pyrenees fieldtrip.
- Further Info
Director of Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc
Page 13 of 13 Results 121 to 127 of 127
- Verstralen, I, Hartley, A & Hurst, A 1995, 'The sedimentological record of a late Jurassic transgression: Rona Member (Kimmeridge Clay Formation equivalent), West Shetland Basin, UKCS', Geological Society Special Publications , vol. 94, pp. 155-176.
- Prosser, J & Hartley, A 1993, '1. Reservoir Characterisation of Deep‐Marine Clastic Systems: Aberdeen, UK.', Journal of Petroleum Geology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 483. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1747-5457.1993.tb00354.x
- Hartley, AJ 1993, 'A depositional model for the Mid-Westphalian A to late Westphalian B coal measures of South Wales', Journal - Geological Society (London), vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1121-1136. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/gsjgs.150.6.1121
- Jones, JA & Hartley, AJ 1993, 'Reservoir characteristics of a braid-plain depositional system: The Upper Carboniferous Pennant Sandstone of South Wales', Geological Society Special Publication, vol. 73, pp. 143-156. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.SP.1993.073.01.09
- LEIGH, SEBASTIAN & HARTLEY, ADRIANJ 1992, 'Mega‐debris flow deposits from the Oligo‐Miocene Pindos foreland basin, western mainland Greece: implications for transport mechanisms in ancient deep marine basins', Sedimentology, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1003-1012. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3091.1992.tb01993.x
- Hartley, AJ, Turner, P, Rex, DC & Flint, S 1992, 'Palaeomagnetic, geochronological and geological constraints on the tectonic evolution of the Mejillones Peninsula, northern Chile', Geological Journal, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59-74. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gj.3350270106
- Hartley, AJ, Flint, S, Turner, P & Jolley, EJ 1992, 'Tectonic controls on the development of a semi-arid alluvial basin as reflected in the stratigraphy of the Purilactis Group (upper cretaceous-eocene), northern Chile', Journal of South American Earth Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 275-296. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0895-9811(92)90026-U