Leading figures from the UK oil and gas industry gathered at the University of Aberdeen last week for an event to mark Professor Alex Kemp's 50 years with the University.
The internationally renowned petroleum economist was joined by over 120 delegates for last Thursday’s event, which was held at King’s College Conference Centre and included a series of presentations from key players from the UK energy sector.
Among the speakers were Oil and Gas Authority Chief Executive Andy Samuel, Mark Thomas, President of BP North Sea, and Professor Kemp.
University Principal Professor Sir Ian Diamond gave the opening address at the event, where he paid tribute to Professor Kemp’s long service to the University and to the global oil and gas industry.
Speaking afterwards, Professor Diamond said: “Alex Kemp has made an outstanding contribution to the University of Aberdeen and to the international oil and gas industry, and his work for governments and international bodies reflect his standing as a leading energy economist.
“The turnout for Thursday’s event is testament to the high regard in which he is held by senior figures in the energy industry as well as his colleagues, and I am delighted to have had the opportunity to pay tribute to his long and stellar career.”
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018