Following today's announcement that the UK has voted to leave the European Union, I realise that in what is an unsettling and uncertain time there may be some concerns among staff, students, prospective students and alumni.
The full impact of the decision will not be realised for some time and I want to assure everyone that there will be no dramatic change overnight at the University of Aberdeen.
We are an institution with a global outlook and reach. I can assure everyone that throughout the transition period that will now follow we will work with Government and stakeholders across the UK and European higher education sectors to ensure we make sure our voice is heard in the discussions that will help protect our many links with the EU.
I wish to take this opportunity to emphasise how highly our EU students and colleagues are valued and have personally written to all those affected to assure them of our commitment to them as members of the University of Aberdeen family, now and going forward. I have reassured our EU staff colleagues that barring any unilateral action from the UK Government, the ‘Leave’ vote will have no immediate impact on current terms and conditions of employment. I have also assured them of our commitment to working with them to manage any changes that may arise subsequently.
Similarly, I have today also written to current EU students and those joining us later this year to reassure them that there will be no change to their fee status. I have assured them that if there is any change during their course of study, the University will cover the cost of any tuition fees to allow students to complete their degree studies at Aberdeen.
I hope this message reassures you but if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Professor Sir Ian Diamond
Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Aberdeen
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018