The University of Aberdeen has been shortlisted for a Times Higher Education Leadership and Management Award (THELMAs).
The THELMAs recognise University teams whose awareness, application and vision create an environment in which staff and students can excel.
Aberdeen is shortlisted in the Times Higher Education Data Points Merit Award category, which is awarded to the University which demonstrates research excellence based on THE World University Rankings data collection, comparing reputation scores with those for research performance.
76% of the University of Aberdeen's research was rated 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the Research Excellence Framework (REF2014), the largest assessment of University research in the world.
Principal and Vice Chancellor, Professor Sir Ian Diamond, said: “I am delighted that the University of Aberdeen has been recognised by Times Higher Education as these awards showcase the very best of the Higher Education sector.
“I am extremely proud of the world class research that is carried out here at Aberdeen and to be shortlisted in this category is a testament to all those who contribute to this.”
The winners will be announced at an awards dinner and ceremony on Thursday 23 June at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London. Over 1000 guests are expected to be in attendance, including politicians, senior sector figures, and academic and university staff from all corners of the UK.
Browse by Month
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018