Professor Sir Ian Diamond was at Dundee and Angus College this week delivering a presentation on the future of global populations to a group of Social Science students.
In his research career, Professor Diamond’s work has focussed on a number of areas, including population and health in both the developed and less developed world.
Professor Diamond was delighted to share his views with his audience and found their questions to be well thought out and informed.
Course leader at Dundee and Angus College, Cherry Hopton, said: “A visit like this has many benefits to our students. First it allows them to hear first hand from leading researchers in their field and in Sir Ian’s case this is research that informs global social policies as well as national ones. It gives them a taste of university life and lets them meet the leaders of the institutions they will enter later in their academic career. Lastly but importantly it introduces them to the wider academic community of social scientists and shows them that those who are at the top of their field are prepared to take time from very busy schedules to come and speak to the next generation of social scientists.”
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018