President Guebuza of Mozambique, with senior ministers and representatives of state energy company ENH, visited the University of Aberdeen on Thursday, July 25 as part of a three-day visit to Aberdeen organised by Aberdeen City Council and the High Commission of the Republic of Mozambique.
Also present at the round table discussion on King’s campus were Mark Simmonds MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Head of the Africa Strategy Unit Debbie Goldthorpe, and Shaun Cleary, the British High Commissioner to Mozambique.
Mozambique is emerging as a strong player in the oil and gas industry and is expected to experience substantial development in the next few years.
Professor Diamond and senior colleagues discussed with their distinguished guests the University’s strength and long experience in producing professionals for the industry, and the opportunities offered by its interdisciplinary approach to addressing the challenges ahead.
For further information about President Guebuza of Mozambique's visit to Aberdeen please see the Aberdeen City Council news release
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018