A University of Aberdeen lecturer has been nationally recognised for his teaching by his students.
Dr David McCausland, senior lecturer in Economics, has been awarded the Student Nominated Teaching award from the Economics Network which provides resources and support to economics teachers at university.
David’s students said he was able to make difficult concepts easier to understand.
His students said “he has led with his example, never refused to help a student, provided extensive feedback and consistently worked hard in providing personal comments on our work and ways to improve, always in a positive manner.”
David will be presented with his award on Tuesday September 6 at the Development in Economics Education Conference at the London School of Economics.
Angela Black, head of the Business School said “We are very proud that David’s excellent teaching has been nationally recognised. This very fitting and well deserved award is even more special because it is nominated by the heart of our community, our students”.
The Economics Network runs an annual learning and teaching award programme to both celebrate and recognise outstanding teaching.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018